"Let it Go" - Ailee & Hyorin 140308 Music Core 400th Special
PERFECTION. Nothing short of perfection. At first, I had been skeptical of how they were going to combine Hyorin’s laidback version with Ailee’s pumped, forward-motion version, but I should’ve known better than to let outside factors get in the way of me appreciating the girls’ voices. Yes, Ailee stumbled a bit, but the harmonies were gorgeous and the girls absolutelyfucking on point. No strain, no cringes from off pitch notes—everything was warm, beautiful, and exactly why Ailee and Hyorin are at the top of the food chain when it comes to music like this.
A nod toward the arrangers, too, for not showing too heavy bias one way or the other. Both girls got a chance to shine with both the melody and with the high vocalizations toward the end. I was originally afraid that the producers would be unabashedly biased toward Hyorin, but everything worked out well!
2009, i remember being upset that 2ne1 didn’t have enough songs, so big bang had to make up for their short discography. :p
3. least favorite title track from your bias group?
i have a least favorite title track from 4minute? e__e i guess i’ll go with “ready go”. even though i love the song, i feel there’s more they could have done with the dance or the phrasing of the song—at some parts, it feels redundant or like they could have changed things up a bit more. BUT I STILL REALLYREALLY LOVE READY GO. <3
4. favorite nontitle track from your bias group?
SUPERSTAR. not sure if that counts or not, so if it doesn’t: welcome to the school!
if we’re talking album songs, i can’t choose between: highlight, invitation, gimme that, and domino.
5. your favorite kshow?
weekly idol. at this point, i thought the concept would have gotten old or the MCs annoying. yet, the two stooges never fail to make me laugh…
6. which kpop group did you try getting into but couldn’t?
………. don’t kill me ………….. exo. i’ll admit the members are attractive and hilarious, but they’re all right for me. d.o has my heart though.
7. which april comeback are you more excited for? infinite’s or 4minute’s? xd
WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME ;~; honestly, i’m more excited for 4minute. one, they’re my babies. two, i’m approaching infinite’s comeback with reservation. the MV they released last since sm’s acquisition of woollim has made me wary. if sm gets in the way of infinite’s success thus far, i am going to fucking speed through a business degree, raise an entertainment company, boss shit up, and buy woollim back so my infinite babies can run free doing what they love without some major money player screwing up their careers.
tldr; 4minute’s. BUT IF SM FUCKS WITH INFINITE, SHIT IS GOING DOWN.
8. which kpop groups/artists have you seen live?
2ne1… 2ne1… and 2ne1.
9. do you have any crack ships? if so, what are they?
i ship dooyoon but that is not a crack ship. DOOYOON IS TRUE.
10. are there any k-idol actors/actresses who you think are actually good at acting despite what others say?
i don’t follow dramas enough to say. :(
11. whachur name? wh-whchur your name? (i ran out of questions xp)
haha i approve ^.^ joelil, now you know my name you know my name~
my questions for you:
1. who are your favorite female and male solo artists? 2. do you listen to khiphop/rap? if you do, who are your favorite artists? 3. gif of your bias being silly :3 4. if you were to meet your favorite group/artist, what would do or say? 5. which idol(s) do you think would make a good parent? 6. favorite korean entertainment company, and why? 7. least favorite song from your favorite group? 8. oldest group/artist you follow? (in terms of being in the industry, not age) 9. out of all groups that have a number in them, which is your favorite? 10. out of all groups/artists that start with a B, which is your favorite? (THIS IS ACTUALLY REALLY HARD. AMONG OTHERS: b1a4, b2st, b.a.p, baechigi, big bang, bizzy, block b, boa, brown eyed girls, btob, bts… good luck) 11. who do you think would be the next korean artist most likely to make it big—globally—after psy?